Collection of the information solicited on this form is authorized by the Social Security (Unemployment Assistance) (Temporary Benefits) Regulations, 2020 (17th April 2020). Specifically, Regulations made by the Minister under sections 24, 26, 28, and 44 of the Social Security Act, R.S.A. c. S45 authorize this collection of information. The Anguilla Social Security Board is authorized to create the electronic system for unemployment assistance and require individuals under the program to electronically provide to the system biographical information and such other information as the Government of Anguilla and the Anguilla Social Security Board determine necessary. Collection of this information is mandatory for people who want to qualify for unemployment assistance.
The primary purpose for soliciting this information is to determine the person's eligibility to receive unemployment assistance benefit. Upon review of such biographical information, the Government of Anguilla and the Social Security Board shall determine whether the person is eligible to receive the unemployment assistance benefit in accordance with the Regulation.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION:
Any person who for the purpose of obtaining any benefit or payment under these Regulations, whether for himself of for some other person,
- knowingly makes any false statement or false representation; or
- produces or furnishes or causes of knowingly allows to be produced or furnished, any document or information which he knows to be false in a material particular;
commits and offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $1,000.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages or download information on the Unemployment Assistance website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the Unemployment Assistance website from another website, the address of that website
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at the Unemployment Assistance website, we only use non-persistent cookies or "per-session cookies." These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website. Per-session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through the Unemployment Assistance website. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer's hard drive. The Unemployment Assistance website cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited.